Monday, January 18, 2010

VERSE:

VERSE:
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above
that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to
escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
-- 1 Corinthians 10:13
http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Corinthians+10:13&translation=kjv

THOUGHT:
TEMPTATION ... We've all been there. Satan's silver bullet
designed just for us personally. "No one will ever know; besides it
won't hurt anybody!" some mysterious voice sounding like our own
whispers. Even if those two statements were true, and they never
really are, it would matter because something inside of us caved in
to what we knew was wrong. One line of defense is to simply remind
ourselves we are not alone in this temptation -- others have faced
it and conquered it, so we can too, by God's help and the power of
his Holy Spirit.

PRAYER:
Most Holy Father, guard my heart from temptation and my life
from sin. I want to serve you with wholehearted devotion. Forgive
me for my past sin, and by your grace and through your word,
strengthen me with your Holy Spirit so that I may overcome the
temptations that Satan uses to separate me from you. Through my
Protector and Redeemer I pray. Amen.

No comments: