Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Precious Gift

A Precious Gift

God sent the sweetest cherub.
He put you in my arms.
I looked into your eyes.
You gave away your charms.

You are such a little treasure.
I can only sit and grin.
For, there, in your sweet soul,
I see myself, within.

For months I had been wondering
What genes I would produce;
As you grew inside of me
What, of me, break loose.

Would you get my cheeky humor
Or my funny little toe,
Sweet delight in the many wonders
Or the way I walk, just so?

But, you were just unique,
With a little bit of either gender.
You turned out to be yourself,
As the recipe went in the blender.

I loved you before you came;
Long before, I know for sure.
For, you are of God, a blessing to us,
And that is love's eternal core.

His grace has grown you strong.
You are resplendent in His hue,
Glowing with His eternal love;
His life alive in you.

With beauty, you, now, journey on;
Walking, with joy, in the light of the Son.
I trust, for you, a safe pathway
Because, my treasure, you know to pray.
 Soft Whispers for my children from


Stay Focused
and
Blessed.........................
Jan

No comments: