Friday, September 5, 2008

The Gospel (part 2)

The Gospel (#2) Presented by Jesus
(Mat 4:17 KJV)
 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say,
 Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(John 12:26 KJV)
 If any man serve me, let him follow me;
and where I am, there shall also my servant be:
if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
THE ESSENTIALS OF JESUS' PRESENTATION OF THE GOSPEL
1) REPENT (TURN AWAY FROM SIN AND WICKED BEHAVIOR)
2) FOLLOW ME (JESUS)
3) COUNT THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIP
4) BECOME A DISCIPLE OF JESUS
5) BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST (ENTRUST YOUR SPIRITUAL WELL BEING TO HIM)
6) OBEY MY WORDS (OF JESUS)
BECOME A DISCIPLE OF JESUS
(Acts 11:26c KJV)  . And the DISCIPLES were called Christians first in Antioch.           

DISCIPLE (noun)  A follower or student of a spiritual teacher.
TO DISCIPLE (verb) To assist and mentor new believers to mature in the knowledge of the Lord through continual oversight of their life and through edification, teaching the Word, and discipline. It is based on Christ’s injunction to teach [new converts] "all things whatsoever I have commanded you." The discipling approach is seen by its advocates as the quickest way not only to multiply but also to develop disciples who will also be soul-winners.
Early in his earthly ministry Jesus called certain men to be with him and to follow him; he summoned twelve disciples to his side. Though we cannot literally walk with him today, through his Spirit, we nonetheless have been summoned by Him as well. We have been summoned to his side in order that we might be with him, that we might really come to know him, and that we might follow him along the path of discipleship. But the heart of the call of Christ is to be with him and to know him intimately.
(Mat 10:24-28 KJV) 
The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
{25} It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord.
If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub,
how much more shall they call them of his household?
 {26} Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed;
 and hid, that shall not be known.
 {27} What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light:
and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
 {28} And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:
 but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(Mat 10:42 KJV) 
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones
a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple,
verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
(Luke 6:40 KJV)
  The disciple is not above his master:
but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
(Luke 14:26-27 KJV) 
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children,
 and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
 {27} And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
(Luke 14:33 KJV) 
So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath,
he cannot be my disciple.
(Luke 5:10-11 KJV)
 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon.
 And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.
{11} And when they had brought their ships to land,
 they forsook all, and followed him.
(Luke 18:22-24 KJV)
 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him,
 Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor,
and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
and come, follow me.
{23} And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
{24} And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said,
 How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
(Luke 18:28-30 KJV) 
Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.
{29} And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you,
There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children,
 for the kingdom of God's sake,
 {30} Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time,
and in the world to come life everlasting.
(Phil 3:7-10 KJV)
 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
{8} Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss
 for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:
for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung,
 that I may win Christ, {9} And be found in him,
not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law,
but that which is through the faith of Christ,
the righteousness which is of God by faith:
{10} That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection,
and the fellowship of his sufferings,
 being made conformable unto his death;
(1 John 2:15-17 KJV) 
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.
If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
{16} For all that is in the world,
the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,
 is not of the Father, but is of the world.
 {17} And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:
 but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
(Mat 9:37-38 KJV)
 Then saith he unto his disciples,
 The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
{38} Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest,
 that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
(Mat 16:24-26 KJV) 
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me,
 let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
 {25} For whosoever will save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
 {26} For what is a man profited,
 if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
 or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
(Mat 19:23 KJV) 
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you,
 That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
(Mat 21:6 KJV) 
And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
(Mat 28:9 KJV)
 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying,
 All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
(Mark 4:33-34 KJV)
 And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
 {34} But without a parable spake he not unto them:
and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.
(Mark 6:1 KJV)
And he went out from thence, and came into his own country;
 and his disciples follow him.
(Mark 8:34-38 KJV)
 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them,
 Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
{35} For whosoever will save his life shall lose it;
but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
{36} For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
 {37} Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
 {38} Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words
 in this adulterous and sinful generation;
of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed,
when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
(Mark 14:32 KJV) 
And they came to a place which was named Gethsemane:
and he saith to his disciples, Sit ye here, while I shall pray.
(Luke 6:20-38 KJV) 
And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said,
 Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
 {21} Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.
 Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
 {22} Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you,
and when they shall separate you from their company,
 and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
 {23} Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven:
 for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
{24} But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
 {25} Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger.
 Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
{26} Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you!
for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
{27} But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
{28} Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
 {29} And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other;
and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
{30} Give to every man that asketh of thee;
and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
{31} And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
 {32} For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye?
 for sinners also love those that love them.
 {33} And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye?
 for sinners also do even the same.
 {34} And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye?
for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
 {35} But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again;
 and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:
 for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
{36} Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
{37} Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:
forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
{38} Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure,
 pressed down, a nd shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
(Luke 12:22-23 KJV) 
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you,
 Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
 {23} The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
(Luke 16:1-13 KJV)
 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward;
and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
{2} And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee?
give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
{3} Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do?
 for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
 {4} I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
 {5} So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
 {6} And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
 {7} Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat.
And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
 {8} And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely:
for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.
 {9} And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;
that, when ye fail,they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
{10} He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much:
and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
 {11} If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon,
 who will commit to your trust the true riches?
{12} And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's,
who shall give you that which is your own?
 {13} No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other;
 or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
 Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(John 13:3-5 KJV)
 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands,
and that he was come from God, and went to God;
{4} He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
{5} After that he poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet,
and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.....
 (John 13:14-17 KJV)  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
{15} For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
{16} Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord;
neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
{17} If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
(John 13:35-36 KJV)
 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
{36} Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou?
Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now;
but thou shalt follow me afterwards.
(John 15:7-12 KJV)
 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
{8} Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
 {9} As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
{10} If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
 even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
 {11} These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
{12} This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
(John 21:14 KJV) 
This is now the third time that Jesus showed himself to his disciples,
after that he was risen from the dead.
(Mat 28:19-20 KJV) 
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
{20} Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
(John 14:26 KJV) 
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,
 he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

No comments: