Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What Pleases God

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Have you ever thought about what pleases God? The Bible tells us that God is
pleased by your faith in Him. He is pleased when you believe in His goodness
when you trust that He rewards the people who seek after Him.
God has equipped every person with a measure a faith. He’s given us all the
ability to live a life that is pleasing to Him. Our part is to work with Him
to allow that faith to grow in our lives. The Bible says in Romans that
faith comes by hearing the Word of God. In other words, faith begins where
the will of God is known. When you know that God’s will is for you to be
saved, it ignites faith in your heart.
Like a seed in the ground, your faith can grow and branch out into all areas
of your life. When you develop the habit of reading God’s Word, you are
watering those seeds of faith. When you stay connected to a good,
Bible-based church, it’s like adding light and nutrients for those seeds of
faith to grow. As you diligently seek after Him, allow faith to develop in
your heart. You’ll rise up higher, and you’ll be strengthened and empowered
to please God in every area of your life!
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for depositing Your faith on the inside of me. I
choose to live a life that is pleasing to You. Keep me close to You that I
may walk in Your ways.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.   
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies."
Psalm 18:2-3

Stay Focused
and
Blessed.........................
Jan

No comments: