Sunday, September 14, 2008

What Precious Gift

What Precious Gift

When God chose, of His beloved Son,
To be lifted there on high,
What was the gift He gave
As He suffered there to die?

Did He open up the door
To let the light within my soul?
Did He take away the darkness
So I could be made whole?

Did He replace all of my emptiness
And fill me with His love?
Did He bless my heart with His peace
By coming from above?

Does my life now have a purpose
To wake upon each day?
Shall I rest on every promise
As He shows me of His way?

Will He bubble up within me
Like a living flowing spring,
To bring me joy and laughter
And every good between?

Is the power in the blood of Jesus
Moving me on to be,
Not what I was just yesterday,
His death to set me free?

Oh, lift me, precious Jesus,
Into Your sufficiency.
For, You gave Your life to fill me
With Yourself, eternally.
 Soft Whispers from
Derry's Heart Poems


Stay Focused
and
Blessed.........................
Jan

No comments: