Saturday, September 20, 2008

Time to Reflect

Time to Reflect

Today's Scripture
"He leads me beside quiet waters."
(Psalm 23:2)
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
If you've ever said to yourself, "I don't even have time to think," then you
know how hard it is to concentrate when you're being bombarded from all
sides. It's even harder to focus on God and His Word when we can't take time
to renew our minds and refresh our spirits through quiet reflection. God
doesn't often shout to get our attention. Instead, the Bible says that He
speaks in "a still small voice" (1 Kings 19:12) - which means we need to be
listening!
So, what can you do to put yourself in a position to hear God's voice? It
requires making time in your daily routine to become still and quiet in God
s presence. Find a room in your house, outside under the trees, or some
other place where you can shut out the distractions of the world for a few
precious minutes each day.
A Prayer for Today
God, I want to find those quiet waters of peace where I can get alone with
You every day and meditate on You. Thank You for wanting to speak to my
heart and show me Your will.
In Jesus' Name.
Amen.   
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies."
Psalm 18:2-3


Stay Focused
and
Blessed.........................
Jan

No comments: