Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Gospel Presented by Jesus pt. 4


 



The Gospel (#4) Presented by Jesus
OBEY THE WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST
(Lev 19:37 KJV) 
Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments,
 and do them:
 I am the LORD.

(John 13:17 KJV) 
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

THE ESSENTIALS OF JESUS' PRESENTATION OF THE GOSPEL

1) REPENT (TURN AWAY FROM SIN AND WICKED BEHAVIOR)
2) FOLLOW ME (JESUS)
3) COUNT THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIP
4) BECOME A DISCIPLE OF JESUS
5) BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST (ENTRUST YOUR SPIRITUAL WELL BEING TO HIM)
*6) OBEY MY WORDS (OF JESUS CHRIST).
7) YOU MUST BE SPIRITUALLY  REBORN BY THE HOLY SPIRIT

*OBEY THE WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST

OBEDIENCE IN THE CHRISTIAN LIFE:
Comes from the heart...

(Rom 6:17-19 KJV) 
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin,
 but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
{18} Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
 {19} I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh:
for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity;
 even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Obedience benefits from testing...
(Psa 119:67 KJV) 
Before I was afflicted I went astray:
but now have I kept thy word.

(Psa 119:71 KJV) 
It is good for me that I have been afflicted;
that I might learn thy statutes.

(Psa 94:12-13 KJV)
 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
 {13} That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity,

(Heb 12:11 KJV)
 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous:
nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness
unto them which are exercised thereby.

(Heb 12:5b-7 KJV)
 My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
{6} For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
{7} If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Obedience Is aided by the Holy Spirit....
(1 Pet 1:22-23 KJV) 
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit
 unto unfeigned love of the brethren,
see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
 {23} Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

(Rom 8:12-14 KJV)
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
 {13} For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
{14} For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

(2 Tim 1:12-14 KJV)
  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed:
 for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able
to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
 {13} Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me,
 in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
{14} That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.


When you hear or read the Word of God, Obey It.

(Exo 35:1 KJV)
 And Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said unto them,
 These are the words which the LORD hath commanded,
that ye should do them.

(Mat 7:21-23 KJV)
 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
{22} Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?
 and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
{23} And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

(Rom 2:13 KJV)
 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God,
but the doers of the law shall be justified.

(Lev 19:37 KJV) 
Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments,
and do them:
 I am the LORD.

(Lev 20:7-8 KJV) 
Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
{8} And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them:
 I am the LORD which sanctify you.

(Lev 20:22-23 KJV)
 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments,
 and do them:
 that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.
 {23} And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you:
 for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

(Lev 22:31-32 KJV) 
Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the LORD.
{32} Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel:
I am the LORD which hallow{Heb=purify,make ceremonially clean} you,

(Num 15:39-40 KJV) 
And it shall be unto you for a fringe{Heb=the decorated, edge of a garment}
 that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD,
and do them;
and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes,
 after which ye use to go a whoring:
 {40} That ye may remember, and do all my commandments,
and be holy unto your God.

(Deu 4:1-2 KJV)
 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you,
 for to do them,
that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
 {2} Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you,
neither shall ye diminish ought from it,
 that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

(Ezek 20:19 KJV)
 I am the LORD your God;
walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments,
and do them;

(Deu 4:9-10 KJV) 
Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently,
lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen,
and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life:
but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
{10} Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb,
 when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together,
and I will make them hear my words,
that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth,
and that they may teach their children.

(Deu 11:18-22 KJV) 
Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul,
and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
{19} And ye shall teach them your children,
speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way,
 when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
{20} And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:
{21} That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children,
in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.
 {22} For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you,
 to do them, to love the LORD your God,
 to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

(Deu 18:18-19 KJV) 
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee,
 and will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
 {19} And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name,
I will require it of him.

(1 Ki 8:59-61 KJV)
 And let these my words, wherewith I have made supplication before the LORD,
 be nigh unto the LORD our God day and night,
 that he maintain the cause of his servant, and the cause of his people Israel at all times,
 as the matter shall require:
 {60} That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God,
and that there is none else.
 {61} Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God,
 to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

(Job 19:23-27 KJV) 
Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
{24} That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
{25} For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
 {26} And though after my skin worms destroy this body,
 yet in my flesh shall I see God:
{27} Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;
 though my reins{Heb=intetior organs} be consumed within me.

(Psa 103:17-22 KJV)
 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him,
 and his righteousness unto children's children;
{18} To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
 {19} The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
{20} Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
 {21} Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
{22} Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion:
 bless the LORD, O my soul.

(Ezek 11:19-21 KJV) 
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you;
 and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
{20} That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them:
 and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
{21} But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations,
 I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD.

(Ezek 20:21 KJV) 
Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me:
 they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them,
 which if a man do, he shall even live in them;
they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them,
 to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

(Ezek 33:31-32 KJV)
 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people,
and they hear thy words, but they will not do them:
for with their mouth they show much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.
{32} And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice,
and can play well on an instrument:
for they hear thy words, but they do them not.

(Ezek 36:25-27 KJV)
 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean:
 from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
{26} A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:
and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh,
 and I will give you an heart of flesh.
 {27} And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes,
 and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.




  

No comments: