Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quiet Moments

Quiet Moments

Oh, how the trials hurt my heart.
With nowhere to escape,
I am forced to run to God
And on His wisdom wait.
Patiently, God will try my faith
That I may test His faithfulness.
When trapped within the walls of pain,
He shows me all His gentleness.
While the fear drives me to my Bible
For comfort and relief,
To gain a message for the moment,
When craving for some peace.
"Oh, God," I cry, "please, answer,"
As I fall upon my knees.
"Make some sense to me, right now.
Your faith I want to seize."
So often though, the deepest anguish
Just doesn't go away.
So, God teaches me to keep on trusting,
For all on Him to lay.
"Lord, show me what You're doing.
I don't want a bitter heart.
Give me a dose of joy to share,
So I don't fall apart.
I believe You're in control of life,
All is in Your will.
Please keep my hope alive,
To trust You love me still.
For, You beat all grief at Calvary.
The fighting has been done.
Help me, now, to rest upon Your love,
So my fear is overcome."

 Soft Whispers from
 Derry's Heart Poems

No comments: